Finding a good Interior Designer can be a difficult task as there are many misconceptions and stereotypes about interior design and designers.
Here are a few misconceptions and clarifications about interior designers:
These are some questions you should always ask a potential interior designer:
- Can I see a portfolio of your work?
- Can you give me a testimonial from one of your clients?
- What is your design process?
- How do you charge? And do you offer a complimentary proposal or estimate for your services?
- What is your design aesthetic. Most have a preferred design aesthetic but all should be able to design within your given style.
- What is your education?